Friday, December 6, 2013

Get Out The Winter Coats; Its Gonna Get Cold Soon

The article this week is entitled, "Major US Winter Storm Spotted From Space." It was written by Andrea Thompson for Fox News Online. The article discusses the upcoming winter storm that the US will be facing in the next few weeks.

Apparently, while we have been having a warm December, the Midwest United States has been under a blanket of snow. This weather is supposed to continue and even spread into "Texas and parts of the southern United States." This storm is dangerous because of the transportation hazards and travel issues that come up with snow and ice.

Snow Storm in Cleveland
The reason I wanted to report on this article is due to the unusual warm weather here in South Carolina. It has perplexed me why I can wear shorts and t-shirts to class, while the Midwest is bundled in their huge winter coats. I went into researching this strange weather and found this article. I thought the writer did a great job of explaining the weather more in depth then the pure statement of what the temperature outside is. I think this article relates to our class discussions because we study nature and the effects nature can have on our daily lives. All I can say, is I hope the kids in the Midwest have their shovels and sleighs ready!
Snow in New York City
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/12/06/major-us-winter-storm-spotted-from-space/


No comments:

Post a Comment