Friday, December 6, 2013

A Fish Tale

The article I really enjoyed reading this week is entitled, "Cooking Light With Seafood." The article was written by Martha Rose Shulman for the New York Times Online Website. I love to research healthy alternatives for food, and this article was right up my ally. I wanted to share it with you all.

Seafood is historically considered to be a very healthy food option, especially when compared to sugary sweets and fats. There are many different types of fish and seafood, that can be prepared in a variety of ways. The article focuses in on using cod during this Christmas season. The holidays are a time of food and family, but you can always notice the few extra pounds that still linger once the new year rings in. How can we avoid that? This author did a great job of explaining some healthy alternatives to that big Christmas time starchy dinner.

A Healthy Meal
The author describes cod as a "mild tasting fish" with a "firm texture." It is a healthy fish that is easily prepared in your kitchen. There are multiple ways to cook cod, but she recommends baking in the oven to avoid the "smell and fattiness" of frying. She lists several recipes to help readers discover what kind of seafood they wish to try this holiday season!

I wanted to write on this article because I love seafood and I love eating healthy. This is an article that is important to our class because we studied the effects of junk food on our bodies. This is a healthy alternative that is easily prepared and tastes delicious! I know that I will be asking my mom to prepare more fish this Christmas while I am home for break!



No comments:

Post a Comment